Recent product launches
SKF Nautilus bearings
SKF has extended its range of Nautilus bearings. These specially designed double-row tapered roller bearings increase the options for wind turbine designers to develop a wide variety of turbines, including direct drive, turbines equipped with a gearbox, with outer or inner ring rotation, and mounted on shafts or directly bolted onto the surrounding structure.
New features of SKF Nautilus include:
- Integrated seal and pre-greased solution
- Bolted inner ring (optional)
- Single-pocket segmented cage to cope with deflections during operation
- Corrosion protection
- Special friction-coating in mating surfaces to increase torque transmission.
Nautilus is a trademark of the SKF Group.
SE bearing housings
The new SE housings – an upgrade of the SNL housing series – have special design features to exploit the full service-life potential of the incorporated bearings and significantly reduce maintenance costs and related downtime.
The new features and benefits include:
- Upgraded material
- Stiffer, more robust design
- Reduced grease consumption
- Reduced operating temperatures
- Improved rust protection
- EPD (Environmental Product Declaration) assessed.